Today Autism Bedfordshire employs 17 office staff and over 150 staff and volunteers to deliver our services to children, young people and adults on the autistic spectrum.
The day-to-day running of the charity is carried out by the office staff:-
- Chief Executive – Emma Reade
- Senior Funding Manager – Gill Christmas
- Operations Manager for the Luton VCS Consortium – Len Simkins
- Corporate and Community Fundraiser – Claire Thompson
- Children’s Services Manager – Liz McTernan
- Development & Projects Officer – Tom Carter
- Assistant Development Officer/Data Officer – Kate Osborne
- Assistant Development Officer – Peter Tysoe
- Adults’ Services Manager – Chris Stelling
- Autism Trainer – Mandy Higgs
- Employment Support Officer – Lorraine Endersby
- Autism Advisor – Sally Cripsey
- Autism Skills Tutor – Alex McGuinness
- Senior Finance Manager – Sharon Sturge
- Finance Officer – Trudy Gray
- Fundraising Assistant – Cathi Grover
- Administrator – Liz Walters
- Data Entry Officer – Philip Whiting
All staff have considerable knowledge and expertise in their field.
For our Children’s Services, we have dedicated teams of Support Workers and Volunteers supporting the children. These teams are led by a Senior Team Leader and up to 3 Team Leaders. The Team Leaders should have at least NVQ Level 3 in Child Care, or equivalent education and social care qualifications. The Support Workers have to have at least NVQ Level 2 plus appropriate experience.
We are also extremely grateful to all those who volunteer their time both in the office and at our activities.
All the workforce are trained in autism and safeguarding.
Board of Directors/Trustees
Autism Bedfordshire is managed and monitored by a Board of Directors:-
- Lauraine Miller – Chair
- Peter Scott – Secretary
- Jeff Bulled – Finance Director
- Martin Williams
- Bernadette Henderson
- Paul Sutherland
- Philip Delafield