We seek feedback from autistic children, young people and adults, as well as their parents, siblings, staff and volunteers through a variety of means, including annual written evaluation questionnaires. Unanimously, we are asked to continue with what we are providing and to increase our provision.
Over the years, therefore, we have developed our services as follows:
- Summer Activity Programme – we now run 5 different week-long schemes at two locations in the county.
- L.O.A.F. – we run groups at 4 locations across the county.
- Wanted Fun – we run groups at 4 locations across the county.
- Adult Skills Project – in 2016-17 we ran 10 courses across the county.
- Adult Social Groups – we now have 5 social groups (daytime and evening) across the county.
- Employment Support – we provide flexible employment support packages for our members, ranging from group job clubs, structured one-to-one support, mediation with employers, interview practice and job searching.
- Autism Training for professionals – we have developed a range of quality, specialist training packages that cater for a variety of delegate needs and have to date trained over 2,000 professionals.
- Parent Training – we now run a programme of 6 week long courses each year plus occasional evening sessions to educate parents on various aspects of autism and how to best support their children. In 2016-17 we trained a total of 275 parents and carers.
And we still continue to run our helpline service!